Mail call and Ruben Amaro project update

Its been a busy few days. My wife and I are in the middle of potty-training our 3-yr old so I am consolidating half a weeks worth of mail into one post because I haven't had the time to get to this post. I received my most recent box shipment from Sportlots. I started this box back in March and have been adding to it since. The majority of the box was putting together my Stadium Club team sets, of which I am short just a couple cards from completing the entire team set run from 1991-2022.
Also as part of the box shipment I was able to get caught up on this years releases (Topps Series 2, Donruss, Bowman, and Bowman Prospects).
Lastly, also from the box shipment I was able to wittle down some of the vintage cards I need as well. I've just about completed my 1971 Dell Today's Stamps, 1961 Fleer, 1963 Fleer. I added to my 1961 Post, 1960 Leaf, and Kellogg's run. I have now completed my 1960 Fleer.
In addition to the Sportlots shipment I also received several other packages to complement both my PC and my Ruben Amaro Project. When I was researching cards needed for the project I ran into several 80s/early 90s team issue sets that included players and thus cards I would need. Given the number of cards needed from the sets, how recent they were, and how fairly inexpensive they would be; I decided I would just add the entire sets to my PC and kill two birds with one stone. The entire run is as follows: 

-1982 Wheaties 
 -1983 Wheaties 
 -1984 Wheaties 
 -1985 Polaroid/JC Penney 
 -1986 Oh Henry! 
-1987 Gatorade 
 -1988 Gatorade 
 -1989 The Tribe 
 -1990 The Tribe 
 -1991 Tribe Kids Fan Club 
 -1992 Tribe Kids Fan Club 

 Thus far I have purchased and received the 1982-1984 Wheaties, 1985 Polaroid/JC Penney, and 1986 Oh Henry! sets. The 1986 Oh Henry!, and 1987-1988 Gatorade were issued in a perforated fold-up, but the rest all appear to have been issued in a typical separated set.

Comments

  1. That's an impressive grouping of vintage to have gotten from Sportlots. They're not on most peoples radar when it comes to vintage, and generally aren't on mine either. The condition on most of those looks pretty solid too. Were they all bought sight unseen, or did some of the sellers have photos posted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as the vintage is concerned it is a little of both. In my experience valuation is fairly accurate on vintage and I've had very few problems. I will say this particular box was a little of a let down. There were two of the Kellogs that were very cracked but that were advertised as EXMT. Now for the price I paid for them and given that I rarely see Kelloggs at shows, I chose not to complain. I will use them as filler until I come across better ones.

      Delete
  2. Just heard about you, added you to my blogroll. Looking forward to following you, welcome to the community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've been keeping up on your blog as well. Looking forward to connecting.

      Delete
  3. Kudos on the vintage adds, as I still need quite a few of those myself. I didn't have anything in the way of Amaro project cards to send you, but I'll continue to keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I appreciate you looking. You have a very impressive collection yourself. I assume you are the same p_dawg68 over on TCDB. I'm a little ways behind you in terms of Cleveland Indians cards (#14 ranked), but I'll catch up eventually.

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the blog world. Got some great pick ups. Look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Appreciate the read and the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Ruben Amaro project

Dedmon to Freeman (Amaro Project Update & More)